In my life I have learned a lot wise words. These words are really useful for me. I think I can have a happy life and true contentment in life because of these words. If you can apply them in your life, it will be very useful for you too.
One of my greatest enthusiasms is philosophy.
enthusiasm= a subject or activity that interests you very much.
Life is wonderful! Why? there are so many reasons that I and you can think of that makes our life wonderful. For me I am so blessed to have my lovely parents and I’m so grateful for the family and so many friends that love me and care about.
I am not bragging or anything, some ideas I used to think of, very similar to what D.H Lawrence said about 100 year ago
“But better die than live mechanically a life that is a repetition of repetitions.”
Philosophy has always been regarded as a means of discovering the secret of happiness. What really is that has the amazing power to make us happy? That gives us joy, pleasure, enormous satisfaction?
Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. It is distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument. The word “philosophy” comes from the Greek φιλοσοφία (philosophia), which literally means “love of wisdom”.
I am a happy man in a happy world. Everything is depending on the way you think of it, If I think I am the one of the happiest men on earth, I am. I know it’s hard to have people think like we do. The happiest of people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way, you just go with the flow, baby! :D Learn to view everything as a worthwhile experience.
Although I am a happy man I still have some problems. I think everybody has a 100 problems. I don’t know that, like you are not supposed to solve them all, because the simple truth of it, it is not a problem if you think it is a problem it makes you have a problem.
Do you have favorite quotes that you depend upon in a crisis, special quotes that motivate you to move forward, quotes that you are teaching your children?
For me: No matter how hard it is, that time will pass!
My all time favorite quotes!😀
I need to be reminded daily to guard my heart because I’m so easily distracted by people, places and things so this message really speaks to me.
Treat everyone with politeness even those who are rude to you, not because they are not nice but because you are nice” If we do the same thing as rude people we are not different then them. And “If you can control one moment of anger, you can escape hundred days of sorrow”
” When anger rises think of the consequences.”
I have the courage to walk away from unnecessary conflict.
The question is how we can relate it on our daily life?
Let good saying, be our guide.
All these are for reading then it will make sense when it practically comes to life.
Remember that failure and disappointment are a part of life.
Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half sorrow. But not share sorrow all the time.
I never see anybody have a perfect life. Don’t make life difficult. Keep it simple.
When I encounter difficulties in my life I’ll always think of this special phrase No matter how hard it is that time will pass. In others words, It is not the end of the world.
In my topic here you will see many quotations. You can say I am crazy about them or you can say it is boring here to see too many quotes and Sayings. But I’ll tell you what; I think I can have a happy life because of these words.
My favorite Khmer saying:
រឹង សូមអោយ រឹងប៉ឹង មិនមែន រឹងរូស
បើ ទន់ សូមអោយ ទន់ភ្លន់ មិនមែន ទន់ជ្រាយ។
In my life I have learned a lot wise words. These words are really useful for me. I think I can have a happy life and true contentment in life because of these words. If you can apply them in your life, it will be very useful for you too. Quotations help us remember the simple yet profound truths that give life perspective and meaning. When it comes to life’s most important lessons, we can all use gentle reminders. In my experience, it helps. It really does. I Hope it helps you like it has helped me.
“When you are happy, you live a day. When you are not, you still live one day. Why don’t we make that day a happy day!”
This is a gentle and heartfelt guide to the fundamentals of living a life rich in joy and contribution.
Collecting stamp is a famous hobby as well as an easy activity. Some people are considering the habit of collecting stamps but for me, collecting quotations have been my hobby since I was in high school.
The question is how we can relate it on our daily life? I am always amazed and impress by the wit of the writers and speakers who are able to express with clarity in words the truth about the different aspects of life.
click here to see my collection of good sayings: Enjoy my collection of inspirational sayings. Be inspired and motivated by them.
One sweet phrase can keep people warm for the whole winter.🙂
Thoughtless words can wound as deeply as a sword, but wisely spoken words can heal.
Let good saying, be our guide!😀
I’ve learned to be self-aware, and that changed a lot of perceptions about myself, other people and life. I spent many long years of my life trying to understand how to become aware. I used to react with reflection, wonder why people act the way they Do? and rationalizing my every action.
How to become a Philosopher
“Wise men may not be learned; learned men may not be wise”. Wise men is a person who uses the mind creatively and they made the right decision.
Personality is the traits that make you an individual. Character is an universal attribute. Like honesty or respect. You are born with personality but develop character. A person’s interests, can reflect his
or her character and personality.
The difference makes the world beautiful. It means that everyone is unique in his/her own way and don’t look down on someone who is different from you. It’s easy to stand with the crowd. It takes courage to stand alone.
“Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.” ~ Confucius
Have you ever thought you could be just like Aristotle – if you just had the right push? Well, here it is. These are instructions on how to become the philosopher you have always wanted to be.
Understand that there is no exact way to become a philosopher. You must free yourself of all limitations such as prejudice, ignorance, and point of view when examining an issue. The Philosopher is one who dwells in reflection (but not maudlin navel-gazing): s/he takes every experience and seeks to understand, even if they need to be brutally honest with themselves. Philosophers are often people who see the world from a child’s eyes. It is important to listen to people, and travel a lot, to get a sense of the world and the people in it. Asking people in your town about what they think of the war in Iraq isn’t really going to help, as a lot of these will give stereotypical answers, and will not be well-informed.
1. Understand that it is not uncommon for philosophers to adopt a certain bias over time or in a specific issue. These are merely frameworks; patterns of thought. Many of the greatest philosophers do just this, the evidence being perhaps most prominent when comparing Eastern Philosophy to Western approaches. In this case, the incorporated bias is acceptable if justifiable. Yet remember to examine the issue without bias as mentioned in the first step, with biases tending to emerge solely in responses, and are subject to critique.
2. Understand that there is also no exact way in which you can investigate, and this is part of philosophy. Some philosophers, like Descartes, only trusted their mind and logic, and not the senses. Some say that the best way to start off, is to research about philosophy. When you study philosophy in college or university, you study about all the different philosophers and their opinions. Think about it, and agree–or disagree–with what they think. In this step it is important to actually take a stance on the topic at hand in order to find truth and achieve progress. If one were to remain free of point of view indefinitely as stated in step one, nothing would be accomplished.
4. Think about the world, what it means to live, to die, to exist, and what the point of it is. Be the source of your own investigation. Since you’re always available to yourself, any line of investigation about yourself (and there can be many) allows you to always makesome progress. Consider the basis for what you believe. Why do you believe what you believe? Start from scratch and identify your reasoning. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. I am searching for the real meaning of life. Our real mission is to find our own purpose as we live. We never know what it is. It’s just for us to search, to make our existence meaningful.
5. Write down what you think about these subjects, including ideas you think you shouldn’t write down (possibly because you think others may think they are stupid). While you may not be arriving at any striking conclusions, you will be exposing your own assumptions to yourself. You will probably marvel at how silly some of your assumptions can be, and in the process you will mature.
6. The true power of philosophy lies in the continuity of thought that you’ll be maintaining in your writing. As you investigate a concern, a single entry may do little on its own, but as you return to that concern throughout the day(s), the different circumstances you encounter in a day will allow you to bring fresh insights to your investigation. It is this cumulative power of thought that will bring you to those ‘Eureka!’ moments.
7. Re-write your ideas more formally and let others read your work, so you can get others to hear your ideas. You can ask friends, relatives, teachers, or classmates if they could offer some thoughts on your work, or you can post your writings online (through a website, a blog, or a message board) and look for responses there.
8. Engage in any debate possible. This will increase your ability to think freely. Keep in mind however, that you are not engaging in intellectual Olympics. There will always be someone who knows something better than you, and arrogance will stop you dead. You will need a healthy measure of humility. Yet it is also important to bear in mind what is in fact the truth of the situation. It is not uncommon for debates to be decided in favor of the “less truthful” side due to a number of extraneous factors, especially in an informal setting. Weigh the actual evidence, and avoid being swayed solely due to repetition and ignorance.
9. Read philosophy copiously, learning new questions and problems to think about and past solutions, and their criticisms. Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in philosophy is a good way to structure these studies, but many great philosophers were also self-taught. Balance your copious reading with your self-investigative writing: where reading broadens your perspective of the world, your writing will give you depth of understanding.
10. Pursue philosophy as a career by acquiring a doctorate in philosophy and getting a professorship at a university. This can be highly competitive, expensive, and challenging, but getting paid to think can be extremely rewarding.
- As George Bernard Shaw said: “If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea as well, and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” Don’t be scared of having your ideas stolen by others when you share it with them. Having people hear your ideas will spark criticism and contribution within them, only strengthening your own thoughts and counter-argumentation.
Don’t be afraid to philosophically challenge anything.
Assumptions are the bane of philosophy and of fresh, intelligent thought. Never stop asking “why?”
- Don’t hesitate to argue positions that are the opposite of what you believe. Being able to see as many sides of an issue as possible is an excellent way to express yourself and opinions. A supreme philosopher can (and probably will) challenge even the most basic beliefs and ideals the human race stands for without fear of criticism. This is exactly what Darwin, Galileo, and Einstein did, and why they are remembered.
- Look for meaning behind everything around you. WHENEVER you encounter something that your intuition tells you doesn’t make sense or seems “fishy” then look into why. Often when we think “I’m not sure that’s entirely true” it’s our deep philosophical assumptions contradicting each other. Nietzsche said that philosophy is more than reading philosophical works. True philosophy comes from daily thought and analysis of everything around us.
Don’t be afraid to voice a radical opinion. But letting its novelty and originality turn into arrogance will only blind you from seeing the validity of more conservative ideas, thus destroying philosophy, which is centered around questioning and finding the truth, not around satisfying your desires.
- You need to be able to accept criticism, and work with it. As a philosopher, you will have a lot of criticism. This is because you are one of those radical thinkers who make the ideas rather than just agree with them. Accept such criticism with the appropriate degree of certainty. Always remember to analyze the evidence presented in order to find understanding.
- By philosophizing, your ideas will mature, so much so that you may outgrow friends. You may find that your friends are not interested, or they are unwilling to compromise their ideas. This is normal, though it can be isolating. Remember to stay humble. Philosophy can tear friendships apart if you do not practice caution. It is a sad but true fact, that many philosophers feel very lonely, especially in their childhood. “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” (James Garfield)
- And finally, a positive warning: This very process of self-investigation has enormous psychologically therapeutic benefits. Anyone taking this effort will possess enough self-worth to undermine poor self-esteem, and will have the advantage of quiet resolve instead of fear or grandiose bravado underlying their personality.
Some people like to judge and talk behind someone’s back. But I don’t like to judge people. What they are doing is their business. But if they need my help if I can I will. And If they spit on my life, it gonna be my business I have to take care of. When I see someone is good at the first place, I don’t say he or she is a good person, someone can pretend to be a good person, and when I see someone is rude or aggressive, I don’t say he or she is a bad person, because may be he or she just had a bad day. when it comes to judge people I have to spend a long time to get to know them well before judge that people, so it is not gonna be no misjudge.
I can do whatever I want with my life. This is my life. But whatever I do, I just don’t step on other people’s shoes and do not spit on other people’s life and don’t force someone against their will. That is about being careful and taking a good care of my life. Sometimes I can hurt someone, unintentionally. I am sorry about that! Judge me all you want, but keep the verdict to yourself.
The spice of life “go to different places, meet different people, and see different things.” “Good things happen to A Good person.”
I always say the words take care of yourself to my friends. I just realized that words mean be careful, don’t get into trouble, take a good care of myself. It basically means to eat healthy, and live healthily so I don’ t get sick from neglecting my needs or health. And also the obvious things like not to do anything potentially dangerous. I used to drink alcohol a lot and I could not sleep at regular time and I thought I am a man, it was ok. Right now I know it is not about proving myself a man, it is about take a good care of myself. If I am not take care of my health, I will hurt myself. From now on I will take a good care of myself.
Before, I was a dare-devil when I got drunk and sad, I drove very fast, It can get me killed and others too, without realizing the value of life. That was the stupidest thing I did. ហេងដែរឆ្លងផុត!!! Now, no more. One life is connected to many hearts. When you have a problem or lose your life, it can damage the heart of your friends, loved one, relatives and especially your parents.
we need to consider our actions and what the consequences will be.
Take care your life my friends!🙂
Living the inspired life means living with purpose, meaning, and intentionality. It means living out our callings. It means choosing to LIVE and not just be carried along by the circumstances of life. I Live the Inspired Life- I pray you’ll be inspired, too!
You cannot choose where to be born, but you can choose where to walk! The choice is always in our own hands!😀